24 January 2006

Not a Student No More

These days my friends say that a big rock seems to have hit me.

As a matter of fact, it has.It all started when I asked myself - "I mean, is that really it ? College life's over in 10 days??"

No longer a student. What does it mean ?

It means that there will be no more listless hours in the canteen.No more wandering about in big groups. No more purposeless bike-rides in the night.No more staring at 20-something bimbettes with scarce guilt.No more hitting on professors.No more getting screwed in vivas by the hit-on professors.No more booze parties with babes being the sole point of discussion.No more kheechofying friends on little issues.No more being kheechofyed by friends on mushy,queasy issues.No more all-nighter study groups. No more 11.45 night-movies at Esquare.And definitely no more maska-pav at Pune railway station at 4 am.

Its almost like someone has proclaimed -" Your train-of-fun stops here."

When I came for an MBA , I thought I'd prepared myself for a more responsible life 2 years later.Now someone up there wants to cut that time-frame by 3 months.Funny ,huh?? Its almost like a pre-mature ejaculation - you expect something, and you get the unexpected.

And does a more responsible life come with the unwanted add-ons of less fun, less frolic ?? I will try to find the answer in the coming year or so.I guess , somewhere, I will have to strike a balance . No longer can my life be one continuing joyride ,one pleasure trip.Somewhere,I will have to take the crests with the troughs , the ups with the downs.

But a new phase of my life begins.A scary phase dat I have not seen.

But will venture.Will try. Will fall.Will get up and dust ass. Will try.Will do.

And will keep venturing.

4 comments:

Kunal said...

no..it wont...more responsibility does not mean less fun frolic...it's only how much you want it to be...old in age, youngin the mind...thats the motto...and as long as there will be the people to have fun with, which you find if you seek, there will always be good times...cmon dude..dont talk like you are old and married...;)...tc...

Anonymous said...

kunal.. u r soundin like you are old and married! :P

Kunal said...

with friends getting married and having babies, left right and center...i am beginning to think that i got left behind or something....he he...sneha...

Anonymous said...

harr kutte ka din aata hai... and plzz i m sure u don want to get married and have babies! for god sakes! thats like centuries away!
jee le apni zindagi....

now i m sounding like i m already married and have 5 kids! phew!