12 April 2006

The Myopic View

When I was in Bschool - and that wasn't a long time back, there always used to be 2 sides to things - there always used to be 2 or more viewpoints to consider,analyse ,decode - to arrive at an acceptable , 'middling' though workable solution.

And looking at things from an 'outside' perspective, I used to think - 'hey , how can this company make such a dumb mistake in their strategy??'

Now I discover I'm polarised.I'm on one side.I'm inside an organisation.Polarisation and objective perspectives don't go hand in hand. It becomes harder and harder to cultivate and maintain that objective streak.

So the battle for objectivity begins. The battle against blind belief in personal opinion and in organisational propaganda.And I surmise this will be a bigger fight on a professional front than work-related stress, corporate politicking or dangerous bosses .

No comments: