23 April 2007

Is work personal?

After putting in a lot of work for an important presentation, I got rammed for not doing a good job at it.My boss and my colleagues maintained that it was great work, but my boss' boss rammed it based on one wrong assumption(which he made,by the way). A clarification was issued by my boss in a separate e-mail,clearly defending me and my plan.

The whole experience was quite shattering for me, but I guess its part of professional life.You take the crests with the troughs and ride along.

The question that the whole experience left in my mind was - "Is work personal?"

People tell me - " Its work. Its business.Its not personal." But for me, work is my time away from my family,my home and hearth and its the sole reason for me being here in a different city away from my folks.How can it not be personal?

Are we supposed to be totally rational and not have any emotion while working?Is that even possible?

2 comments:

Kunal said...

it is personal...when you put in time that you can be with family and friends...commit your career to it, staying far away from the place that you call home...it is personal...

c'est lai..been long that we caught up at ease!!

and welcome back to bloggerville!!

R.P. said...

yea,been a long hiatus.and u r rite.need to catch up,soon.lots to tell.